Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Drama at the Office

Hello cyberspace folk! My husband has been encouraging me to start my own blog for a while now! He's had one for about a year now, I think (he just corrected me...it's been 2 years). Time just flies...... I think he likes writing in his blog, even though he doesn't get much of a chance. I just had an epiphany, he always writes about things he thinks I'm not interested in. Maybe he just needs an outlet for his excitement, because of his unsupportive wife! I think it's like a public journal that you can't write specifics on because people might read it and get you in trouble. Interesting thought, but I'm open to try anything! This could be fun! I like to hear myself talk as much as anyone!
The reason I finally buckled down and did this is because my Mom's side of my family started a family blog. It's a lot of fun! You have to be invited to have access, so it's very private and open only to family. It's fun to be able to stay in contact with your loved ones. Especially as we get older, we don't get the chance to see each other very often.
The main excitement in my life right now is the drama at work. For those of you that don't know, I work in an office of women! Enough said!!!!!..........Just kidding, but it's true. There is never of shortage of drama and back biting in an office of women. I'm not your normal woman, so I get emotionally exhausted and confused by most of that crap! Right now, I get to look forward to training again! Woohoo! I'm the resident untitled, unnoticed, uncomplimented trainer in my department. The reason for this is mostly because I'm a good teacher, I think. Anyway, I've had the opportunity to do this 4 times already (this will be #5). As much as I enjoy teaching someone, after 5 times enough is enough. For goodness sake, the department is only a 4 freakin' person department! We're not so scary we should be scareing people off like this! The main problem is the demand of the job. It takes a lot of detail skill & hard work and some people (well maybe most) don't want to do both of those things or can't do both of them. I don't know. I guess I have a little bit of work-a-holic in me, so I love a job that keeps me hoppin' & keeps me busy! This one certainly does. Not everyone likes that in a job though. I hate to be bored!
We're kind of running out of people to choose from though. My company likes to promote from within. A lot of people we have to chose from, just couldn't do it (for one reason or another). Oh, well. The choice is not up to me anyways, just the teaching. I just hope we have someone to train before our third person goes on maternity leave in 2 months. Hehehe! This could get fun! But we've done it before and we can do it again! Gotta love it......or you'll go crazy!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Well, good for you! My gosh - two weeks ago I hardly knew what a blog was and now I'm reading all kinds of them! This will be fun to hear more about what's going on with you!