Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wild Waves

For the past month I've spent a lot of it on the go.  I've had two funerals and a wedding that I had to travel out of the state for.  It's been happy, heartbreaking, and exhausting.  It's also been pretty stressful.  A few weeks ago, my cousin Jana invited us to join her and her husband Josh at Wild Waves this weekend.  Her employer was having a special weekend at Wild Waves that offered us the opportunity to buy tickets for half off.  Tom and I considered not going due to financial situations, but I'm so glad that we decided to just go ahead and go.  I really needed a fun laid back day to just relax and have fun!

I've never been to Wild Waves before.  I had just assumed it was a water park.  For those of you that are like me and have not been there personally, there is a small amusement park along with the water features.  When we first got there it was a nice day, but typical to Washington a little overcast.  I was a bit worried because I'm not a huge fan of being cold.  Because I was born and raised in Idaho I'm not a complete stranger to cold temperature and have learned how to deal with it, but not in my swimsuit!  Brrrrrrr!

Luckily as it go closer to noon, the clouds went away and the sun came out to play.  We played on the roller-coasters in the morning and after it got warmer changed into our swimsuits.  My cousin (and Jana's brother) Tony and his wife Tiffany joined us later in the afternoon.  This early in the summer the parks hours end earlier (probably due to Washington weather).  Starting in July the hours extend.  The park closed at 6 pm.  It wasn't terribly hot outside, but it was comfortably warm.  The only negative part of the whole day was walking around the park barefoot in my swimsuit.  My feet are very sensitive.  I am so rarely barefoot that when I have to walk around without my shoes it's not fun!  My feet still hurt the next day.

Everybody got a little sunburned.  Luckily I don't burn easily, but when I do it heals quickly.  I got a little sunburn, but it was pretty much gone the next morning.  Now I get to deal with the excitement of a peeling nose and chin and an itchy scalp!  But even dealing with those, it was an amazing day, and a day I seriously needed!

3 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

You really dont burn easy? Where did I get my crappy skin from?!! I burn SO easily!!!! I am jealous...of the good skin...and the fun time :)

Tara said...

Sounds like fun. Makes me want to go play.

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

That is such a fun place to go! Sounds like you like you had fun!