Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thaifoon

On Friday Tom & I finally had our first taste of Thai food. This is something we've been wanting to try for a long time. Ashley used to tell me how much she liked Thai food and ever since then every time I would pass a Thai restaurant I would say the exact same thing to Tom: "I want to try Thai food sometime". After 2 million times of hearing the same thing over and over he finally got the hint. Just kidding....he wanted to try it too. It was a lot of fun. Plus it is suppose to be free. Tom's boss promised to buy us lunch because of all the help Tom did with their office move. We'll see if we ever see that money.

First of all, it's very important to know how much I love oriental food. It's one of my favorite things to eat. It doesn't really matter what version of oriental food we're talking about. I love them all. So, we walk into the restaurant and they have an indoor waterfall. By waterfall, I actually mean there is falling water coming down a transparent glass wall. Guess where we got to sit. Right next to it! Very cool. I love running water. Very cool ambiance.

Then there came the food. I got to try some soup, Miso Soup. Now, I don't know exactly what was in this soup. I know there was Tofu in it as well as some miscellaneous stuff. We have no idea. I would compare it to chicken broth with other stuff. I know, I'm great at the English language! We both had different individual dishes. Tom had "Firecracker Chicken". I think the name said it all. I tried a piece and had to drink my water and Tom's water to cool off my tongue. It was a bit much for me but Tom loved it. He'd order it again in a second. I had Pad Thai, which was chicken and shrimp over rice noodles. It was very good. I enjoyed it a lot.

For those of you that visit Salt Lake City, this restaurant is located at the Gateway mall near Barnes and Noble. It was a lot of fun and the food was very good. I would recommend it. The name of the restaurant is Thaifoon.

Of course I have no idea how genuine this cuisine is.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Mmm, I love Thai food. In fact, I would rank it as my number one favorite type of food. Last year we went to this tiny little Thai restaurant for Valentine's day and I'm hoping we go again this year. Delicious!

Tom said...

I love a spicy little dish every once in a while. oh, and the firecracker chicken was Awesome!!