Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My exciting 1 1/2 days in Idaho

I was lucky enough to see my brother and sisters recently when we went on our family cruise. However my little nieces and nephews were not part of that experience, so I hadn't seen them since I was home for my brother B's mission homecoming in November. I also hadn't seen my grandparents since I stopped through Boise on my way back to Utah after our trip to Oregan over a year ago. My grandpa H was recently put into an assisted living place and about a month ago was moved from the one in Boise to one in Idaho Falls so he could be closer to my Aunt M.

When I originally thought of hitching a ride to Utah with my parents on their way home, the plan was just to go through Boise and on the Utah. I hadn't made up my mind weather to do it or not because of some job application issues (for those of you that don't know, I've been looking for a job with no luck). However when my parents offered to drive through Boise than on through Idaho Falls so I could see all my grandparents along with both my sisters, brothers in laws, and all my nieces and nephews on the way to Salt Lake to see my girlfriends. it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

So, after the week my parents spent with us I left with my parents on early Sunday to drive to Boise. While in Boise, I had the opportunity to see my grandpa's house (everyone is in the process of cleaning it out) and see my grandma & grandpa B. It was great to see them and we had a couple of hours of great conversation! I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with them and hope to do it again soon.

Monday morning we took off for Idaho Falls. We stopped at A's new pad. She's been renting a house from a friend of her's for a nickle. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to see it. It's a beautiful house and she's very lucky to be able to stay there for the deal she's paying for it. On the way to see grandpa h's new pad we stopped for lunch and once of my favorite Pizza places, Craigos. For you unfortunate souls that have never been there, it is an awesome sourdough pizza place. The only said thing is that they don't serve their delicious breadsticks they used to have when I was in college. This by the way, is a travesty! But they do have an amazing pizze/salad/pasta bar that makes my mouth water just talking about it! It was delicious!

When we got to grandpa h's place, we had the opportunity to sit and chat with him. He seems to be doing okay, but it's still a little sad. He's changed quite a lot from the energetic man he was a few years ago. He said kind of a funny thing while we were there. We asked him why he hadn't been hanging out downstairs and plaing BINGO with the others. He said simply, "I don't like BINGO". It made me chuckle and made total sense to me. Life has changed quite a lot for him in the past 7 or so years. I can't even imagine how it feels for him to have loss my grandma and my uncle brent all within a few years. That would be so hard! My heart goes out to him and I can't really blame him really if he would rather be with them than where he is. Although I would hate it if he wasn't here anymore.

Later that afternoon Mom, Dad, and I took off for T's house. I also hadn't seen her new house she had gotten. They recently bought a piece of property that had an old house and a double wide (?) on it. The house, they are hoping to refinish and use as a possible rental property. They are living in the other house. They are pretty happy with it and they have tons more room than they had in their previous 2 houses. S loves it and they got it for an amazing deal! We had dinner that night with A and K joining us and hanging out for the rest of the night. D wasn't able to join us because he had work, but I was happy I had the opportunity to see him for luch before he left for work. Anyway, it was a delicious dinner and we loved the company. For a couple of hours, the girls and grandkids hung out in one room while S and Dad hung out in the other room watching TV. I think the girls had more fun!!!!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

This was like reading a message in code with all the first letters of everyone's names!! Love, love, love it when the fam can get together, it's getting harder and harder though!!

Tom said...

I'm glad you've had this chance to see your family.

Packrat said...

Just now getting caught up with the blogs I read. Sounds like you had a good visit. Jobs will wait, come and go. Family is so much more important. :)