Saturday, April 17, 2010

Girls Night

While I was in Japan I was trying to think of things I could do to break up the time a little bit while Tom was still in Japan.  One thing that occurred to me that I thought would be fun was to get together for a girls night with some people.

So, I asked a few girls if they wanted to come.  So Jenn, Marcie, Jana, and Tiffany all joined me at my house.  I decided to have a special pasta that I had made previously (that I really liked) called Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle.  It's really good and it was a hit with everyone else too.  Everyone else brought green salad with home-made dressing, rolls, drinks, and Lemon Meringue Pie.  Everything was so delicious and I have to admit I ate way too much.  But that's part of the fun of a get together.

It was a really great night and I think we all had a great time hanging out and visiting.  Although we all love our respective spouses it was fun to have a girls night where we could talk all night about kids, puppies, and jobs.  No guns or shipyard discussions all night long.  We all decided unanimously that this was something we would definitely have to do again!  Thanks for joining me girls!  It was an absolute blast!

1 comment:

Cozzens Family said...

Absolutely must do again! It was fun to get away and enjoy girl time!