Sunday, April 11, 2010

Party & Park

I am very thankful for a loving family.  To save me from a boring weekend by myself at home my loving cousin Jana invited me to a birthday party at her house.  It was a combined birthday party for my cousin Tony's wife Tiffany and my Uncle RV.  The lovely benefit of having dinner at Jana's house is I can bring Jake with me.  I never enjoy leaving Jake for long periods of time if I don't have to.

So, Friday Jake and I took off for Jana's house far far away in Grapeview with our salad ingredients (that was my assignment for the dinner).  It was an absolutely delicious meal.  We had grilled steaks with mushrooms.  I forget what they marinated the steaks in, but it was absolutely amazing!  One of the best steaks I've ever had!

Like always it was a lot of fun to hang out with everyone!  Jake really enjoyed himself as well!  As soon as I told Jake we were going bye-bye (one of the words he know by the way) he went crazy ballistic.  He had so much fun with Jana's dog.  There were a couple of times though that Jake got a little energetic for her and she had to show him who the bigger dog in charge was.  Serves him right!

This morning (or afternoon) when we got up I took Jake to the dog park.  Like always he loved it!  He had a lot of fun sniffing everything and other dogs bums!  Very exciting!  For most of the time, he was a perfect angel.  There was a moment towards the end that I lost him for a little bit.  The dog park is very big, and for a moment I couldn't locate him.  A little scary, but I eventually found him and it all turned out okay.

It managed to completely wear him out!  It worked out great because I had to spend the afternoon writing a lesson and putting together some handouts for the service project next weekend.

No comments: