Sunday, November 11, 2007

Greatest Movie of All Time?????


I want to start this blog by stating.....I just don't get it! I have no idea who decided this (2001: A Space Odyssey) was the greatest movie of all time, but whomever it was must have been on something at the time. I can now say I've seen most of this movie. I say most because it was so slow I fell asleep twice while watching it. And this is coming from the girl that loves old movies that usually bore other people.

The best part of this movie (and this says a lot) is the beginning when there are a lot of apes yelling at each other with ape sounds and jumping all over the place. From there on it just gets really weird! Until the end is the part I just don't get! I'm the kind of person that likes to watch a movie or read a book for the enjoyment of it. And this movie just didn't cut it for me!

If anyone could explain what the last 10 or so minutes of this movie means to me I would appreciate it. Supposedly the guy becomes a "star child". No freakin' idea at all. The movie ended and Tom & I looked at each other and both thought the same thing...."HUH???"

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Really? Just from your commentary, I can tell I would NOT think this is the greatest movie of all time. Why do THEY pick such lousy movies to represent us? We need to start our own ranking system.

Miriam said...

I agree - it was such a big deal when it came out...but like you, at the end you look at the person next to you and go "huh?" But if you haven't ever seen it, I think you should just to have seen it once and know what people are refering to - it's one of those movies that comes up in a show, article, or conversation every now and then.