Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Job Interviews

I was talking to Tara today and she informed me that I need to submit more blogs. I proceeded to inform her how boring my life was and other people couldn't possibly want to read about it. She told me I needed to blog about anything. Tom then informed me that something that I find boring might not be boring for someone else, so here goes.
This part is actually pretty exciting for us. Our excitement right now is Tom's interviews for a real career. For those of you that don't know, Tom's in his senior year. He's been working really hard the past little while on his senior project. In the past few weeks he's had a few on-campus interviews. This is when companies that are looking for engineers to hire at the end of the school year come to the school and interview the seniors.
All the companies he's interviewed with he's pretty enthusiastic about. There aren't really any bad choices at this point. One in particular is pretty exciting, although it would be quite a change to our life right now. They would transfer us around every 9 months or so for the first 5 or so years. They have sites all over the world. It would be crazy, but very exciting and a crazy experience.
Who knows where he's get an offer. There's no knowing where we'll end up.
Exciting!

3 comments:

Janssen said...

That is exciting! I'll be really interested to see where you guys end up (Texas is very nice :))

Tara said...

I am so proud of you for finally writing on your blog. I hope when you finally settle down you won't be too far away because we won't be able to visit you very often.

Miriam said...

I'm glad I checked your blog!! I hadn't for awhile because (as Tara pointed out - there hadn't been anything new for quite some time.) Whoppee, new stuff!! Naturally, we'd like everyone to stay close - but know that isn't realistic to expect all our kids to be within a few hours. Just so everyone is happy and healthy - we'll come see you where ever!