Friday, May 21, 2010

I Can be Crafty!

Last night we had an enrichment activity that was crafty.  Usually, I don't go to these.  I'm not a very crafty person and in general I'm not that fond of decorations like that.  However, these were really cute and I decided to give it a try.  I figured the worse I could do was really mess it up and not hang it in my house.

I have to admit, there were a few rocky parts.  But I had a great time visiting with the women in my ward and learning a new skill.  It was actually a lot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.  It was one of those situations where the people in charge had already done all the painting and word-making and all we had to do was assemble it.  The hardest part for me was rubbing the word onto the wood and metal.  I don't remember all the terms for the things, but I had a rub the words with a little stick and then peel away the tape and the word "Family" was then printed on my board.  Pretty snazzy.  I took my time and made sure I did it as good as possible (Like I said earlier, I thought it was cute and I wanted to hang it up in my house...that wouldn't happen if I didn't like how it turned out).  Thanks to a lot of help from everybody there, I actually finished it and it turned out pretty good.

The round things are decorative magnets we made that go with the board.  I also thought I'd attach a picture of our frozen pizzas.  As a fund raiser for the young women in our ward, they sold pizzas that they made to order for $10 a piece.  The money was for the girls camp they are going to attend in July.  I signed up for one pizza and unknown to me Tom signed up for another two.  Instead of canceling one of the orders, we decided to keep them all and freeze the pizzas for future use.  So far it's working amazingly.  Last week we tried cooking them after they were frozen and it worked great!  The pizzas are delicious, plus we got to help out the girls in our ward.

4 comments:

Tina said...

You CAN be crafty! Great idea to cut up and freeze the pizzas...we just had pizza for 3 days that weeks. :)

Ben Cozzens said...

Your project turned out really cute! I am sad I missed it. The pizza looks really good. --Marcie

Leslie & Chris said...

I love that board! How did you do it??

Tara said...

I love those magnet decoration boards. They are so cute. I am not crafty either. I would rather buy them than have to put it together myself.